I want to wish my incredibly wonderful and handsome husband a very
HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY!
HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY!
It seems almost strange to have a 27 year old husband. He has now officially moved into the 'late- twenties' instead of the 'mid-twenties.' It seems like such a monumental moment, that I would like to celebrate it will some pictures that I think all will enjoy...

I had to put up the bath time photo. It was too cute. He looks exactly the same only more like a baby (duh), doesn't he?

With his dad. I wonder if they got those dirt circles around their eyes when they took their goggles off?

Josh often talks about his dune-buggy, dirt bike, four wheeling days. I have yet to see him in action. You would think after three years of marriage we would have done some of those things. But, no. We are completely unadventurous.
Now this is picture perfect. He looks so sweet sitting there!
Probably because he is sweet...
Probably because he is sweet...

This cracks me up every time. I hope he doesn't mind me showing this off to the world!
We'll refer to this as his 'perm days.'

I had to sneak one in there with his 'Harry Potter' glasses. He still has those somewhere.
Some things are just so hard to part with.

I'm not sure, but I think this was taken at his brother Jason's bachelor party. I could be soooo off, but if I'm not, I believe they went driving little race cars or something totally boyish.
I love this picture. He looks super good-looking! I'm sure even then I would have had a crush on him if I had known him at the time.

Leaving on his mission to Tucson, Arizona.

What was that?
Will I wait for you?
Why, yes! Of course!
(At least that's what I would have said had he asked)

Remember this day? It was freezing cold and absolutely perfect? I'll never forget it.
Best day of my life.

Ha ha. I love this picture. Look at Josh's face. It looks like he's thinking 'what did I get myself into? Who are these crazy people?'

Playing his ukelele. Josh loves music (in case you didn't know that little fact about him). He has a saxaphone, trumpet, clarinet, pennywhistle, harmonica, and the uke! I think that's all of them. Sometimes he'll give me a little concert.

We took a little camping trip with some friends. I always liked this picture of us.
Ah, to be in love!

One year, we went to a dance for Valentines Day. We got all fancy and then they played swing music. We mostly danced the slow songs and ate the cookies.

Josh is so super smart. He graduated from Weber State University with a double major in Microbiology and Chemistry.
Hello!?! Can we say brilliant?

...But that's not all. Then he decided to be even SMARTER and go to medical school at the University of Pittsburgh. He will start his second year this August.
He'll be a real live doctor one day!

One of his best qualities is how great a dad he is.
Before Brinkley, he didn't really know much about babies.
It took about 2 seconds for him to fall in love with the most beautiful baby on the earth.
I will never forget the first time he held her, it was like he had been holding her forever.

Ha. This is his birthday ONE YEAR AGO! How cool is that? We went to the drive-in with our 2 month old baby. I think we saw Get Smart.

This is one of our engagement photos. Do you see why I chased after him and married him?

Josh, you are so wonderful in so many ways. I appreciate all your hard work and dedication to school and to our family. I know how much mine and Brinkley's happiness means to you, and that you would do just about anything for us.
I love how smart, focused, witty, patient, sweet, talented, righteous, and loving you are.
I love that the best part of my day is when you walk in the door.
I love how every time Brinkley sees you, she lights up and yells 'da da!' at the top of her lungs.
I love that you are quiet, but always say the funniest thing at the perfect time.
I love that you give me back rubs even though you hate it.
I love that you love everything I cook (except that minestrone soup that once, but I thought it was gross too, so it's okay)
I love that you think I am pretty and skinny and talented and a good mom and that you tell me often.
I love that when I have some silly problem you listen patiently and reassure me that it's all going to be just fine.
I love that we tell each other EVERYTHING! Including the weird stuff.
I love when we talk late into the night even though you have to get up early the next day.
I love that you love me and Brinkley more than anything else in the whole wide world!
I could not have asked for a better husband than you. I love you.












5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!
I am obsessed with the perm, you gotta try that again Josh! Love you both and Happy Birthday! Thanks for coming over last night!
Happy Birthday Josh! Had we known we would have made you a cake while you were here! :)
P.S. Daniel and I LOVE the perm picture - too priceless!
Thanks for calling me Sis. Josh. It made my day! Love you. Happy Birthday.
P.S. Wait til you get to say mid thirties. It's a regular riot! (I'm not there yet though! ;)
WOW! What a photogenic individual! You've gotta love growing up in the 80's...the hair and the clothes, there is just nothing like it! Hope Josh had a happy birthday! Sorry I forgot to get him a present AGAIN! I am just a loser of a sis-in-law!
Post a Comment